Sometimes just a few tweaks in a room design can give a space that "wow factor". My clients have this little seating area off to the side of their kitchen, and wanted to update the space. We were able to transform the space by just making a few changes.
Let's look at the before picture, shall we?
So, here's what we did:
1. We kept the sofa and had the back cushions remade into a sleeker style.
2. We slipcovered the sofa in a washable fabric (great for kids and pets!).
3. Used the homeowner's existing rug from another room and had it cut and bound to fit the space.
4. Painted the walls a lighter color.
5. Added original, curated art and a sconce for lighting.
6. New (and affordable) coffee table.
7. A mix of custom and retail pillows.
Does this inspire you? More for inspiration, you can click on the links of a few of my sources for this project.
Coffee table from Crate and Barrel
Sconce from West Elm
Rug (homeowner's existing) but find similar at Chairish
Paint from Benjamin Moore
Thanks for stopping by! If you need help with the design of your home, contact me!
*affiliate links used