Sunday, July 7, 2013

Before and After - A headboard DIY!

Hey ho!  I hope you had a great 4th of July holiday! 

Guess what I did?  

I made a headboard!

Here it is!!

You may remember the previous headboard was too small!  Here's the pic:

I have a new boyfriend too.

His name is 'Skilsaw'

And I'm in love!

This was a completely easy peasy DIY project. 

The fabric for the headboard was a painter's dropcloth!  Doesn't it look like linen?  So cheap affordable!   I added a welt trim of green suede, using some extra fabric that I had in my garage  studio -- and using some 1" foam, 2 layers of batting and some cardboard tack strip to attach the welting...

I'm super happy with the results!

So here it is side by side -- one more time.....

Yup.  Size matters!


P.S. I've linked up at Serenity Now Weekend Bloggy Reading.  Fun!


Nancy {at} powellbrower at home said...

I absolutely love it! we've made alot of headboards, too, but I am crazy about this shape and size... Love dropcloth fabric!
xo Nancy

stephanie said...

You are so talented --love! love the shape and the dropcloth!

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

Great job! I think I would mess up the welting but I totally want to try it now!

Stacey said...

Looks Fab! Superb job!!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Cheers!